Alrighty then
So i just got back from Euro tour like a few days ago.
FUCKING AMAZINGGG!
As anyone would guess, i'm sure.
I traveled all around Europe, no big deal. Saw lots of things i had never dreamed of ever seeing and now i can say oh I've been there or yea i saw that or yea it's not that big or pretty or something cool like that. i'm not as naive as some people may think anymore...well i'm not saying i'm not spacey anymore because that unfortunately is a life-term illness of mine, but still, it's an improvement.
Here's a little bit of an inside look on what i thought about some of the places i went to.
Prague
Beautiful. Extremely beautiful. It's baffling and i could stare at it for hours and be entertained.
We only got to spend like 3 hours touring the city then had to head back to the hotel for the night and had to leave early in the morning. But if i had had more time in Prague it might have been honestly one of my favorite places.
Amsterdam
Let me just say one thing first. Boys in the Netherlands= Gods on Earth.
I have never seen anything more beautiful or heavenly. They are all gorgeous! ALL! which is hard to believe i understand. But for reals. They are yummy scrumscious and delicious.
Amsterdam was beautiful too. I believe it has the highest amount of bicyclists in the world. Bikes. Everywhere. Everyone was on a bike and bikes littered the streets and sidewalks and everything.
We took a gander around the Red Light Zone (which apparently Melissa Hansen knew all about)
I sent in my resume to a few places.
Joking.
I did not buy any illegal substances, so everyone chillax. I did happen to find a beautiful shirt with britney's face on it though and got that baby.
Dresden
Adorable and quaint. Not much else to say (we only spent lunch there).
Brugges
Delicious chocolate! Best chocolate ever. And i'm not exactly a big chocolate fan. But whoa! And i had me some good ol' Belgium waffles. YUMMMSS! Seriously best way to gain weight, travel. I got my family some chocolate so they better love me forevers. The town was pretty too. Tiny and cute buildings.
Paris
WHOOOOA!
One of my most favoritests (new word) places ever! The other kids thought it was kind of over-done in movies and stuff. But it's one of the place i've always wanted to go and it was just as perfect as i had imagined! absolutely breath taking. I would love to live there, just without all the tourists. That has got to get annoying. Only like 5% of the people i think i ever saw were not actually from the area. But i sat by Le Louvre and chilled by putting my feet in the fountain and enjoyed my life. I sat by the Eiffel tower drinking French wine (omgomg give me a break, you gotta live a little some times, i mean hello it was FRENCH WINE, i will not pass up the only opportunity anytime soon to drink French wine in France by the Eiffel tower on a beautiful day). I walked down Champs Elysees. spoke some French. bought far too many souvenirs and spent far too much money. Paris is beautiful, no doubt, but it's also expensive, so that's another reason why i probably can't live there.
Barcelona
Hmm....i guess my thought of Barcelona isn't normal. Barcelona, first off, is crawling with pick pocketers. they are everywhere. I caught someone unzipping my bag (he ran away before i could bitch slap him). The souvenir shop workers are ass holes and change the prices (unreasonably as you can imagine). The weather wasn't that great either, which have may had a big effect on how i see Barcelona. I thought it was sketchy, and it was annoying how paranoid I became. The sights were pretty, but like I said, the weather wasn't that great so I don't think things looked as pretty as they should have. I went into Barcelona not knowing much and not being too excited and hoping to be amazed...but I wasn't...unfortunately.
But the other exchangers said it was artsy and beautiful and the people were awesome and chill.
I don't remember much about seeing artsy people and I felt like the people that were trying to get me to go bar crawling with them were sleazy. Maybe I'm a little too negative...who knows.
Italy
FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!
I LOOOVE italy!
I love Paris
But I LOOOOVE italy!
The entire country is beautiful! If I could choose one country to live in, it would without a doubt be Italy.
I remember once my mother told me a story about how she went travelling around Europe by train. She told me that she got to Italy and right after she got off the train there were about eight different Italians who were calling at her and whistling so she said she got back on the train and left.
If I had been her I would have gotten me some numbers and had me some plans lined up for the next few months.
I love them Italian boys.
I ain't say I'm some kind of slut or anything. But it's always reassuring to hear from the Italians about how good you look. For reals. If you have any self confidence issues, just walk on over to Italy. Guaranteed you will feel like Gisele Bundchen when you leave. Forrizzles.
But Italian boys aside, the buildings were like nothing I've ever seen. The beaches were like none I have ever swam in. The pizza is like none I've ever eaten. The coffee was like none I have ever drank. And of course seen boys like I've never seen before.
Not to mention how emotional Italian people can be. When they are mad, they are MAD. When they are happy, they are HAPPY. Very expressive. I LOOVE IT!
I want to learn Italian and go to Italy.
Monaco
Tiny, beautiful. It looked a lot like A coastal town in Croatia but richer and more touristic. It wasn't as historical as Croatian coastal towns seem. It seemed like a really redone version basically. Me and Laura and Lizzy and Dorothy spent 8 euro on a little 30 minute train tour. We looked really cool with our headphones on, each having our own row in the train (which normally seats 4 people) sliding from side to side to take pictures of everything and waving at fellow exchangers walking around. We defined cool.
Andorra
Cheap electronics! I didn't buy any because I don't need any and have no room. But they were cheap. And good perfume. I got some good stuff. But I mean it was super dooper tiny. Tinier than Waunakee. The landscape was pretty. But we only spent like 2 hours there, so I don't really know what to really say about it.
There's my little summary
Now to reality in Zagreb. My home. I leave on Sunday, the 19th. It's extremely depressing. Like seriously. It honest to God gives me a serious kick in the stomach every time I think about it. How can I possibly dream about leaving this place? How could I imagine living without these people? How will I feel this at home again?
I mean the answer is simple. I know. But I still ask, even if I know the answer.
Dani leaves tomorrow.
9 in the morning
I will be there. With my heart ready to break as she flies away.
Will I see her again, will I ever have a friend like her, will life still be just as enjoyable without any of my Croatian family?
Forrizzles, I'm being serious about all of this. It sounds sappy and pathetic. But I'm on the edge of breaking down. And it will take a hell lot of work to be okay with not being in Croatia.
I'm a mess.
I said bye to Emily and Lizzy when they took their train to Varazdin from Zagreb after Euro-tour. I know I'll see Lizzy again at Grand Rapids. And Emily comes to Wisconsin a lot with her family because she used to live there. But having to say good bye is never as easy as it seems, no matter how many excuses there are to not cry. So I was bawling. Like a pathetic little girl watching The Notebook.
Life is getting hard. This is the hardest part. This is where I grow weak. This is where I break down. This is where everything falls apart and there's no way to fix it.
Here we go.
Okay I'm going now. I have to go party with Dani on her last night. Won't be home early, that's all I'm saying. My last night with one of the bestest friends I've ever had. The world could not be anymore cruel.
Laters everyone!
Also, side note.
I've noticed that I make lots of spelling, grammar, and just stupid mistakes in my blogs. So I applaud you if you understand the gibberish I write that I pretend is English. Good job
No comments:
Post a Comment