Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So the last blog was a little depressing. I was running on two hours of sleep and I had just gotten back from a farewell party, so everything was kind of in a gloomy mood basically.
But I won't lie, it's not like that was the only time I felt like that.
With this year winding down, my time has become more precious. Months turned into weeks, turned into days, turned into hours, minutes, and soon enough everything will count by the second.
I leave for Euro-tour tonight.
I'm super pumped, for obvious reasons. And all of the Zagreb kids will be together for the last three weeks we have together. We already discussed that there will be tears on the trip, but hopefully we can hold it together until the end.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
These people here are my family. They are my life. No one can possibly understand what I go through like they do. I tell them everything and anything. I can't say I've been as close to a lot of my friends back home as I am close to these guys. It is seriously heartbreaking to know I can't live my life in Wisconsin with them.
Facebook and skype save our asses, that's for sure, but just like a long distanced relationship, there's only so much you can do and say over skype. There comes a point when you just feel alone, without them.

Also I know reverse culture shock is going to kick my ass when I get home. If I thought the initial culture shock was hard, I have a whole lot of work in store for me when I get home. It's going to be hardddd!

But I won't get too sappy and down in this blog because I need to be excited!
I'm starting a trip around Europe tonight!!!
We get on a 9:15 train to Salzburg. We get to Salzburg at 4 a.m. where we switch trains to Linz and get tehre around 8 I believe and then have to hangout until the Austrian exchangers get there around 10 and then first stop Prague.
I'm overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions it's hard to say how I feel like right now.
Most people ask if I'm excited and I say not really.
Then they ask if I'm sad, and I say not yet really.
I don't know how I feel. I'm really good at analyzing everything and everything else.
But when it comes to analyzing oneself... it's a whole different story. You'd think it'd be easier...but I'm not sure of myself for the most part...so I can't say I'm sure about how I feel.
HONESTY!!
Dani would be so proud of me.
Honesty is taking over my life and I've realized sometimes honesty is not soo good.
My mother told me that I shouldn't feel ashamed of my actions and shouldn't feel people are judging me, especially if I don't tell them what I did.
I guess she means I shouldn't share every story I've had this year because there's the possibility someone will judge me because they don't fully understand the life of an exchange student.
So once again, my tongue is out to ruin my life.
I seriously need to keep my thoughts to myself...being outspoken and opinionated is a real curse because it only makes people pissed at you.
So yes...offsubject Emma...again...

Main point to this blog
I LEAVE TONIGHT TO TRAVEL AROUND EUROPE!

Our destinations are Prague, Hannover, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Bruges, Paris (for three days!), Toulouse, Barcelona (for three days!), Avignon, Monaco, Lavagna, Lucca, Piza, Florence, Jesolo, Venice and then Innisbrook. In a matter of 17 days!

Then I come back to Zagreb for a week then back my bags and come home :(

I'll put up pictures of europe when I get back!
AHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment