IT SNOWED!
I just want to write a short blog about the snow!
I'm excited because I was told it doesn't normally snow here until AFTER christmas which is a bummer.
But it snowed yesturday. Everyone told me a few days before that it was suppose to snow on friday, but I figured it would turn to rain before it hit ground because it ALWAYS rains here.
But we were leaving school and a girl from our class ran up to Laura and told her that it was snowing.
Laura is the exchange student in my class from Mexico. She's probably my closest friend here. But being from Mexico, she's never seen snow before.
I can NOT put into words how happy she looked. She kept touching the snow and looking at it and trying to catch it. It was the cutest thing in the world. It made me so happy just to see her that happy. She was telling me, in her broken English, that she could not imagine snow when it's piled up on the grass. She said that if she had to imagine it, she'd think of it like icecream.
I've never thought about the fact that some people don't really know what snow is. I mean I figured everyone knew that it's like crushed ice basically. But Laura had no idea. Lots of people have no idea.
It's weird, but I guess I've always taken snow for granted.
I love looking out my window in the morning after a full night of snowing and just seeing the perfectly smooth soft blanket of snow piling up everywhere around me. It's beautiful. And it's peaceful. And I love that feeling.
I hate snow when it's touching me because, Hello, freeezing cold. But it's nice to look at. And to sled in. And to lay in because everyone knows there's nothing more comfortable than a pile of snow underneith you (as long as you're wearing snowgear, like i said before, freeeezing)
So for all those out there reading this who will have snow this winter, appreciate it. I know how lame, snow. But like I said, some people don't ever even get to experiance gtting annoyed with the snow for making their car slide, or making them late for something, or just getting inside their boot.
Anyways, it's raining now
Goodbye snow. It was nice while it lasted
No comments:
Post a Comment