I have a few things to talk about in this blog. I´ll go by time order.
First off, my host family left Wednesday morning to the States. They´re daughter is a lucky butt and gets to be an exchange student in Florida, somewhere near Miami. So they left Wednesday and spent a few days in New York, then head on over to Florida.
So they are going to be gone for two weeks basically, leaving the apartment to me. One problem though, they are having the bathroom with the shower renovated. So that means, no showering for me. So I´m spending these two weeks at Lauras (Mexican) house with her host parents. I go to school with Laura so I see her like everyday and we hangout a lot, so I really hope that having to spend two weeks with her doesn´t totally ruin our friendship. So far, so good.
But before they left, they gave me my present. They gave me a cute little card and some money.
I love them. They are cute and sweet and funny.
I´ve been really fortunate with my host families I´ve gotten. I liked both of them very much.
Off subject, but as I write this blog, Laura is taking a shower. And at some point in the middle of the night the water heater stopped working. So she needs to shower still and the water is freezing. So right now, she is crying out loud and yelling because of the cold water. I find it extremely funny.
On friday, April 15th, Jacob was sent home. He was an exchange student staying in Osijek, which is in the most eastern part of Croatia. He was from the U.S. but apparently he was having trouble getting along with his family, his rotary club, his classmates, his teachers, and just about everyone. So after this long of problems, they finally sent him home. I know it sounds terrible that I don´t feel that bad. But he has on a few occassions told us that he doesn´t like us and he didn´t remember any of our names. Kind of hurtful, ya know? He´s been homeschooled his entire life, so his social skills are obviously not the best. And he was young. I don´t know if he was really ready or equiped enough to survive a year abroad.
But now that´s two exchange students sent home.
Anyways, next up on my list would be MY BIRTHDAY!!! I turned 19 on April 16th! I feel old. I know that people older than me are probably like ¨No way, Emma. You are still young. You´re like a baby still¨
But I feel old. I´m barely a teenager now. I still feel like I´m 14. I like to be able to use the excuse of being a teen so I can act immaturely with my friends. Soon enough I´ll have to act all serious all the time and stuff. Ew. Boring. Whatever though. I won´t complain about getting old. But my ideal life would be forever being 17 or 18.
Anyways, for my birthday I invited all my exchange friends and a few croatians and told the exchangers that they could bring their croatian friends. But it ended up just being us exchangers, which was fine with me. They are my closest friends here, like my family. So I was just happy being with them on my birthday.
Laura is now swearing in Spanish.
Back to my birthday. I woke up in the morning and Laura´s host mom made me a cake. So I ate some and Dorothy and Theresa came over and had some cake too and we all hung out. I got ready at Laura´s. Then I met up with the rest of the kids and we all got ready some more and hungout for a while and played some games until it was later. Then we went to this club called Aquarious. Which was doing some light show thing where everything glowed and they had people in the club that would draw on your face with glow in the dark stuff. It was fun. The music was good. We all got crazy. The club could not handle me, that´s all I´m saying. We stayed out really late and got back and went to sleep around 6 in the morning. It was a very special occassion so I stayed out late. I know, bad Emma. But it was my birthday.
But seriously, I know I mention it a lot, but these exchangers here are my best of friends. I love them all. Earlier in the evening I asked someone a truth or dare question and they chose truth. And I could NOT think of anything to ask because at this point, we all know each other well enough that there´s nothing else we could want to know that we don´t already know about each other. Like honestly, I love them to death. These are the people I spend my exchange with. The people that understand me and know me. Just about every laugh was shared with them. Every funny story involves them. Every happy memory is with them. Without them, this would not be the year it has been. They make everything special for me and I love them.
Next up on my calender is Dubrovnik! We go to Dubrovnik next Monday. Dubrovnik is like one of the tourist capitals of Europe. It´s one of the bigget tourist destinations and used to be one of the cheapest tourist destinations. It´s this huge old resort-like town on the most southern tip of Croatia. I´m so incredibly excited to go!
Then next up is EUROPE TOUR!!! I can´t wait at all.
When Laura and I first started hanging out all we could at first talk about was the Euro-tour because that´s what we were so excited for. But then we started to have fun and make friends and make memories. It felt like we were excited for Euro-tour but we had time. Now we don´t really have time and Euro-tour coming so soon sort of marks the end of our exchange. So I´m excited for it, but I´m dreading it too.
We´ve all talked about it and we´re sure that we will be spending many nights crying on Euro-tour because we will all miss each other and we all know that we have to go home soon.
It will be sad.
But till then, we will party!
Oh, also, the other night I was skyping with my sister. And Laura was in the room and we were talking about something I didn´t want Leah to hear about, so we were talking about it in Croatian.
We weren´t exactly fast or completely correct on everything we said. But we did it. And I hope I impressed Leah.
I can speak more Croatian then most of the people in the United States can, and that´s all I need I guess.
Also I´m still waiting to find Britney´s new CD in Croatia. So far, I have no luck.
Laura is now hiding under the blankets because she´s freezing. Her words after getting out of the shower were,
¨I feel like the shower just rape me¨
yes her grammar is a little funny, but that´s laura for ya.
Now I must get ready for school and all. And eat some of Laura´s food.
Later gator
No comments:
Post a Comment