Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sooo...I'm leaving to go to Austria with my host family. They're taking me skiing. In any other situation, I would probably be excited. But it'll be my host dad and his friend, my host sister and her boyfriend, and then there's me. I'll be the third wheel. Which makes it even harder then normal because they will also be speaking in croatian and speaking to fast for me to follow. I mean I love my host family. They're nice. And they're freaking taking me to Austria to ski! But just being an exchange student makes it 10 times easier to feel left out.
Because everyone else always seems to know what's going on except me. Everyone else knows a language that I can't seem to master. They relate to each other easier because they're all from the same place. And I've noticed that I'm not so good at starting conversations. I'm just the English speaking American.
Woe is me.
But I get back on Sunday so I have to make it until then. And as soon as I get back I leave the next day to go to Budapest to see Emilia Cedron and Jana Prihonska. I'm soooo excited!! So that'll get me through this rough vacation to Austria.
Update you all on it later

No comments:

Post a Comment