So i just got back from Zadar (city on the coast) this weekend. Friday was one of the independence days so i didn't have any school! my host family has family in Zadar so we stayed with them and my family let me bring a friend along. Dani (another exchanger fromm Colorado) told me about some issues with her host family, so i invited her along because it sounded like she could really use something fun for once. So Dani, Veronika (my host sister) and I all hung out this weekend. It was lots of fun and i'm glad i invited Dani.
The problem with Dani is that her family sucks. Harsh? Yes. Honest? Yes.
She basically feels unwanted in her home. I would hate to be experiancing one of the most exciting things ever and have to always have the feeling of being in the way. I don't wanna feel uncomfortable in my own room. Its not fair for her and I feel terrible especially because she's such a cool and nice person.
My family is soo nice. I love them. They are all funny and caring and helpful. I feel comfortable around them and I really appreciate them.
Dani and I were talking this weekend about being an exchange student and all. Its rough at first because of the whole feeling comfortable thing is pretty much gone. We're always having to push ourselves, which can just be exhausting. Everything is different. It's not like its big things that are soo different. But its so many little things that when it all adds up it can be overwhelming.
I'll admit, I've had my moments where i just think enough is enough and i just don't wanna be here anymore. But i've had moments where i'm happy where i am. it's just one big emotional rollarcoaster and it's gonna take a while until things level out. But i'm okay. i can handle it and i'll be fine.
It's not anyone's doings that make me feel down. It's just homesickness. It's missing the feeling of knowing what to expect. It's not able to talk to everyone or even understand the construction workers calling after you as you walk past. It's just being soo far away from the life I used to live that I don't know what i'm doing anymore.
This kind of thing might seem easy to some people to overcome, but it's just a sad feeling. It's like being lost. Everyone knows where you are, except for you.
But my family here is always helpful. I feel close with them. And my family back home is there for me too. I've made a few friends here as well and i know i just need some time. I'm not like sad all the time. I'm being optomistic. Those feelings of homesickness were expected and i knew it would hit me at some point. and i know it'll go away too. So whateves.
Right now i feel good. I'm happy. I'm comfy here in our appartment. And i'm greatful.
Main thing- NO REGRETS
and i'll keep it that way
peace love britney
meow!
I really enjoy reading the blogs keep them coming
ReplyDelete